- Year: 2017
- Language: Russian
- Publisher: Mann, Ivanov, Ferber
- ISBN: 9785001003366
- Page: 288
- Cover: paperback
Scratch is a fun, free, beginner-friendly programming environment where you connect blocks of code to build programs. While most famously used to introduce kids to programming, Scratch can make computer science approachable for people of any age. Rather than type countless lines of code in a cryptic programming language, why not use colorful command blocks and cartoon sprites to create powerful scripts?
In Learn to Program with Scratch, author Majed Marji uses Scratch to explain the concepts essential to solving real-world programming problems. The labeled, color-coded blocks plainly show each logical step in a given script, and with a single click, you can even test any part of your script to check your logic. You'll learn how to:
- Harness the power of repeat loops and recursion
- - Use if/else statements and logical operators to make decisions
- - Store data in variables and lists to use later in your program
- - Read, store, and manipulate user input
- - Implement key computer science algorithms like a linear search and bubble sort
Hands-on projects will challenge you to create an Ohm's law simulator, draw intricate patterns, program sprites to mimic line-following robots, create arcade-style games, and more! Each chapter is packed with detailed explanations, annotated illustrations, guided examples, lots of color, and plenty of exercises to help the lessons stick.
Learn to Program with Scratch is the perfect place to start your computer science journey, painlessly.